Essay Competition: Andalusia
Within the framework of Uniday 2011, an essay competition will be held. The winner of the competition will earn the Dr. Zeynel Abidin award.
Andalusia is of great importance for Muslims in general and European Muslims in particular. The golden age of Islam in this region, Andalusia plays an important part in our traditions of science, art and literature to name but a few. Andalusia also allowed many Muslims to see and acquaint themselves with Europe for the first time, and Europeans with Muslims respectively.
As our thoughts are based on insights and wisdom descending from the past, we cannot overlook the heritage of Andalusia during our journey of contemplation. So let’s put the heritage of Andalusia at the centre of our contemplation and write an essay about it!
- The Essay submitted should not have been published elsewhere before.
- The essay should be written in Times new roman font, size 12, with normal line spacing and should not exceed 2000 words. It should be sent to students(at)igmg.de.
- The essayist should mention his name, district/region, e-mail address and phone number.
- Each participant can only submit one piece of work.
- IGMG e.V. will obtain the copyrights of essays awarded during Uniday 2011. No copyright fees will be paid for the writer of the essay.
- Winning essays will be awarded during Uniday 2011, which will be held on 22 October 2011 in Bielefeld.
- Final date to submit essays is 10 October 2011.
- The winner will have the opportunity to choose between a trip (flight and hotel) to Andalusia and an Apple iPad.